Occasionally, the client's environment has restrictions on user access to a browser, or runs restricted desktops that cannot access the BarTender Web Print server to generate on-demand Barcode labels. If this is the case in your environment, you still have the option of printing using a utility included with Enterprise label. Here are the steps.
- Access the manual print transaction either via standard SAP menus
Logistics Execution->Enterprise Label->Manual print or using the T-code /Advsys/manuallbl
Enter the values as follows
- Label format – this refers to the template you use for printing your labels. Note- you can leave this value blank (I will explain more shortly).
- Printer – this should be self-explanatory
- Copies – the number of copies of each label needed
- The application works by retrieving the data from the provided document and generating your label, so enter one of the values for a delivery, shipment or handling unit.
That’s it! Select, execute and you have your labels.
Note - in the case where a format is not provided, the application will use the customer (identified in the document provided) and determine the specific label that customer requires. Of course this assumes the label format is maintained and uses that format automatically. If you have any questions, drop us a note.